Mechanical systems of auxiliary circulation for the treatment of acute and chronic heart failure produced by Berlin Heart GmbH (Germany).
Berlin Heart GmbH is:
- The only manufacturer in Europe, production in Berlin (Germany).
- The only manufacturer in the world whose products are approved for use in children and adolescents is thus the only company in the world that offers VC systems for patients of any age, from newborns.
- World market leader in paracormal blood circulation systems 3rd in the world by total sales.
- Unsurpassed system of medical and technical support all over the world and in Russia.
- Berlin Heart GmbH's IV systems have now been implanted in more than 4,300 patients in 44 countries and their number is constantly growing.
The unique impeller suspension system works without mechanical contact and wear of components, providing long-term support of blood circulation in patients with terminal heart failure. Therefore, the INCOR® LVAD system is well suited for both temporary and final therapy (Destination therapy).
The pump is made of titanium. The surface of the pump, in contact with blood, has a bioactive coating of Carmeda ® (heparin).
The supply cannula connects the top of the left ventricle and the axial pump. The axial pump, in turn, is connected to the outgoing cannula through the corner section. The withdrawing cannula is anastomased with the ascending department (middle access) or the descending department (lateral access) of the aorta.
At lateral access it is possible not to use the angular section of the outgoing cannula. The pump and the control unit are connected by a control line passing through the cut of the skin. The power supply of the system is provided by two batteries (main and backup), which must be permanently connected to the control unit. The INCOR® system can also operate from AC power through the mains supply.
The control unit, main and backup batteries are stored in a lightweight, ergonomic and compact carrying case, which is fixed on the belt or over the shoulder, and also has a handle. Through the transparent window on top of the bag, you can easily perform visual control of the control unit and the appearance of alarm signals. Convenient, zip-fastened battery compartments allow you to replace the batteries with a minimal effort. The system includes a battery charger, a power supply unit and a laptop for monitoring and controlling the operation parameters of the INCOR® LVAD system.
The pump is able to provide blood flow up to 6 l / min against the pressure up to 80 mm Hg. This is achieved by an impeller rotation speed of 7,500 rpm and a low power consumption of 4 watts.
Periodic Flow Change
- Provides periodic reversal of flow direction
- Promotes the opening of the aortic valve
- Increases the efficiency of LV washing
Function Pulsatility Control
- Automatically adjusts impeller rotation speed
- Controls sufficient filling of the LV
- Suction Protection
Prevents the suction of the cannula
Indications for use:
The INCOR® LVAD system is designed for use in acute or chronic left ventricular failure
Ineffectiveness of the optimal combination of medicinal and invasive treatments (NYHA class IV, score 2-6 on the INTERMACS scale).
INCOR® LVAD is an implantable left ventricular pump of ancillary circulation, which in addition to the "bridge to transplant" and "bridge to recovery", is certified by the CE as a method of so-called final therapy.
INCOR® LVAD has been successfully used in patients with:
- dilated cardiomyopathy
- Ischemic cardiomyopathy
- congenital heart disease
- periportal cardiomyopathy
- toxic cardiomyopathy
- restrictive cardiomyopathy
- predominant right ventricular heart failure
- biventricular heart failure
- signs of infection that do not match sepsis-like syndrome
- progressive multi-organ insufficiency (relative contraindication)